On the east side of the shopping centre, adjacent to the canal.

The HMS Vernon Figurehead
Inscription (Plaque)
HMS Vernon Figurehead
Launched on May 1st 1832, HMS Vernon was a
fine, wooden, line-of-battle sailing ship.
The Vernon weighed in at 2,082 tons, was 176ft
long and armed with 52 guns
Returning after 12 years active service
around the world in 1848
In 1872 returned to Portsmouth to become
a torpedo school for 10 years
she was finally sold out of service in 1912.